Thursday 29 November 2012

Entertain Yourself for Free. No. 1


This particular activity is one that I have been trying to acheive for much of my time on this planet.

I have been thwarted by the general lack of availability of a suitable building.

There appears to have been a complete reaction against glazed corners in contemporary architecture, The Shard excepted.

My inspiration is of course the comedian Harry Worth whose TV programme, I watched when I was very young, featured this stunt in the opening, or was it closing, sequence.

I eventually located the perfect structure in my home city, Hull.

It is the south eastern edge of Kenworthy House which is an office building from the late 1960's or ear;y 1970's within the operation of the Local Authority. It is in a bit of a back street, which helps to overcome my natural reticence and shyness as well as a genetic fear of getting into any form of trouble. Unfortunately, the premises are overlooked by the Hull Central Police Station, but mainly a side entrance into their car park. The south side is onto Dock Street with a large Solicitors Office opposite and a quick getaway possible into the former Queens Dock, a longstanding infilled basin and public park. It is of course essential to have a sidekick to keep a lookout and take the all important evidential photograph. Best time of day is definitely early on a saturday morning before the street side parking bays fill up.


No comments: