Tuesday 12 September 2017

Sexting (Summer texts to buy a house)

We actually missed marking the fourth anniversary of moving into our current home but I thought I would now by reproducing the following text messages. 

They took place in real time between July 4th 2013 and 5th September 2013 in the process of buying our current house. 

Names and details have not been changed. 

(For those living in the London, UK catchment, yes, it is possible to buy a great house for what we paid)

Interested in your Parade house. Own property under offer in Hessle, Any Chance to view? Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the text. I am away in Greece at the moment. Of course a viewing would be fine. Are you interested in sale or renting? Jill.

Looking to buy. Do you have a guide price in mind.

The house is being updated with full double glazing, full insulation and it has a new condensing boiler. Looking for offers around £165,000.

Definitely interested. What would be arrangements to view.

I am back late weds next week so anytime thursday or friday would be fine.

I will contact you thursday morning if that's ok

Yes, that's fine.

Hope your travelling was ok. Is it possible to arrange a viewing say 6.30pm to 7.00pm

Yes Peter.That will be fine.7pm would be good for me. The house is still in the middle of being worked on so it's upside down at the moment. It should be finished in a couple of weeks for a true impression. Look forward to seeing you later, 7pm at the back.

See you then. Thank You.

Jill, Thank you for the tour of the house. We love it. It would suit us ideally and will be making an offer in a few days if all on track with our sale. If you want to check our progress our solicitor is Heather Midwinter at Sandersons. I would like to instruct my Surveyor next week but will be guided by you with the works underway. Thanks. Peter and Allison.

Hi Peter and Allison. It was very nice to meet you and your family last night. Whilst I am happy with your interest in the house and the ideas you have put forward regarding your solicitor, etc I feel I must point out that I do have other viewings from buyers which I must continue with until your offer comes in. Again, if you would like a surveyor to visit an offer would naturally have to be agreed first. I don't want to rush you in any way  however I need to have something constructive to work with just as you do with your property. Kind Regards, Jill.

Jill, We would like to make an offer of £165,000 for your property subject to contract and survey. Regards, Peter and Allison.

I would like to accept your offer. What is the timescale for completion? I would like it to be ASAP. I will let you know how the building works are progressing re the surveying. If you would like another viewing just let me know, I will let you have details of my solicitor.

Jill, we are looking at 8 to 10 weeks to completion. Our estate agent can give information but we are in a small chain with first time buyers for our buyers. Speak soon

Hello Peter. I need to instruct my solicitors which will incur me costs. Please can you confirm you wish to proceed, Can I have your names and any other relevant details please. If you would like another viewing let me know. The windows should be finished towards the end of next week so a surveyor could inspect thursday/friday.

Jill. Full ahead now. I will e mail you the requested information this evening, We are away next week but contactable. Peter and Allison.

Thanks Peter

Did you recieve the e mail with our details?

Hi Peter, yes thank you. I did reply to your email this morning, It was very helpful. I have a new contact at my solicitors.

Jill, Hope you are well, Is it possible to have another look around say late afternoon or evening on saturday. Regards. Peter and Allison.

Hi Peter and Allison. I am very well thank you. I hope you had a good trip. Would 7pm saturday be a suitable time to meet up?

That would be ideal,thank you

Hi Peter. It was good to meet you all again on saturday. Do you have any idea when the surveyor will be visiting the house this week. Kind regards Jill.

Jill. I have contacted the Surveyors and hope to agree terms tomorrow, I will provide them with your details to liaise direct if convenient.

That will be fine, thank you.

Has my Surveyor contacted you yet Jill?

Hi Peter. Yes he came today for about an hour. I asked him if everything was satisfactory and he said everything was in order and couldn't see any problem areas. When do you plan for the Building Society/bank one to visit.

I have paid the Valuation Fee so just appears to be down to availability of the Valuation Surveyor. I will chase up.

Thanks. That would be appreciated. I can be free to show them around to suit as soon as possible is good for me as I am planning to book a holiday in the very near future. Jill

Our buyers want to complete on 22nd August ( 3 weeks). We are working towards this for our sale but if it is not possible to synchronise the purchase of your house we will make arrangements to store furniture and stay with family. Our solicitor has been instructed to try for simultaneous transactions but will keep you informed of progress.

Hi Peter. Thank you for the update on how things are progressing. I am ale to move quickly but have a mortgage tie-in until 31st August which is around £3000. I have spoken to my solicitor to ask if there is anything I can do to help the situation along. At the moment I have no problem exchanging on the 22nd August with a completion as it stands on 2nd September. I will keep in touch with any further proposals/ideas. Have you any news on the Surveyor? Jill

The appointed Surveyors should be contacting you shortly

Thanks Peter

Jill. Has the mortgage valuer been in contact yet? Peter and Allison

Hi Peter and Allison. Yes they did. Yesterday late PM, They will visit next tuesday at 11am. Kind Regards Jill.

The Surveyor came today.He said everything was fine re; the house price. He will send his report to your Building Society today, Do you have any update on exchange?

Jill. We are at our solicitors tomorrow to sign on our sale for 23rd August. For the purchase of your property I will check on status whilst at the same meeting. Your timescale is still ok so hopefully exchange pretty soon. I will update you late tomorrow,

Hi Peter. Regarding your storage and moving things twice if you would rather move things into the House on the 23rd then I am sure we can come to some arrangement after checking it out with my solicitor.

Jill. That does sound a very good proposal. I will discuss with Allison and run it past our solicitor. Speak tomorrow, thanks again. Peter

Hi Peter. Just to update you my solicitor has invited me to sign the necessary paperwork next monday 19th. Do you have any updates?

If you are signing monday we should be doing the same within a couple of days so would hope to exchange next week. Our solicitor is doing our sale and purchase so is aware that we both want to exchange at earliest date possible. Can you spare some time for Allison to view again?

Hi Peter. Allison is welcome to view, I am available next week now. Does she want to visit during the day or in the evening/tea time-ish?

I will get Allison to ring you.

Jill, Is it possible for Allison to view monday or tuesday early evening?

Peter. Tuesday early evening would be fine, Say 6.30pm

That would be great. Allison will see you then.

Jill. We have now moved out of our house following completion today. I will press our solicitors on tuesday after the Bank Holiday as everything is in place for Allison and myself to sign. We are shacked up near York for this week but contactable. Regards

Hi Peter and Allison. Thanks for the update. Do you have any news on the signing of the contracts. Jill

Jill. One local search being chased but available to sign tomorrow with exchange and completion for monday as per your timescale. On the road again from tomorrow. Peter and Allison.

Thank you, That's great.

Jill. Sorry but our solicitor is off work ill and her caseload has been passed over to a colleague. The Local Search has also been delayed until tomorrow, If you Solicitor rings ours everything will be clear.

Yes, thank you I will do so. Regards Jill

Peter and Allison. My Solicitor advises me that everything is now in order for you to proceed with exchange and completion tomorrow. Given the previous confusion please can you tell me if you are going ahead with this tomorrow and I can sort out the keys, etc.

We are all ready for tomorrow.Did you want to meet up at the house late afternoon or evening?

Can I get back to you today.I am just travelling back from Rome. Got up at 3am and don't know whats happening tomorrow yet. I will text you around 6pm tonight. Kind Regards Jill.

That's fine Jill. Look forward to hearing from you. Hope journey goes well.

Hi Peter and Allison. Would tomorrow be ok. I can meet you anytime after 4.15pm. Jill

We can be there for 5pm

That is fine. Look forward to seeing you then. Jill

Hi Peter and Allison.Can you update me on what's happening. Are you exchanging and completing today as arranged?

Jill. In our solicitors at 1pm today, I understand our side sent over a few questions to yours yesterday. We expect everything to go through today as planned, We will contact you in a couple of hours. Peter and Allison.

Thank you both. I was just unsure how things were progressing. Jill

All signed up. Can you solicitors confirm that we have exchanged?

Hi Peter. They cannot confirm it yet, I am unable to move ahead at the moment. They have advised me that your solicitor is asking for a number of details some of which date back to 1978 and others where information was forwarded to them several weeks ago. I think this is because of the illness issue and another solicitor taking things over, Unfortunately I cannot give you the keys until completion. If all goes ahead we could meet up. I could do 4pm if that;s any good to you or after 6.30pm Please let me know your thoughts.

We have instructed our solicitor that we are happy with all of your responses and have signed to indicate this. We still expect to exchange today or simultaneously tomorrow. We are as frustrated as you are but 8 weeks from first viewing is pretty good progress.

I agree Peter. I can make 6.30pm if that's ok

Jill. Our solicitors say we have completed , Is that confirmed on your side?

Hi Peter. Yes, subject to funds arriving all is completed.

Hello Peter and Allison. Congratulations! We will meet you at the front of the house if that's ok, We will need to take readings and a screwdriver to open the water meter on the footpath. Do you have one in your car?  We are on our way now, Jill

Sounds like a good plan. Will find implement for water meter.

Two weeks later.............Jill, Hope you are well. We are loving everything about the house. Do keep in contact. Perhaps a coffee and cake on Prinny Ave some time, Peter and Allison.

Glad you are happy. Yes, cake would always be nice, (smiley face) Jill.

No comments: