Friday 19 October 2018

One small step

I am excited about the pending release to cinemas of the "First Man" biopic of Neil Armstrong and his epic quest to be the first man to set foot on the moon. 

I do associate with the Space Generation being a child born in the early 1960's and yes, after the initial promise, I am bit disappointed that I do not live on Mars nor commute to work using a personal jet pack but never mind. 

Those things will come in their own time but probably not for me to participate in. 

Below is the closest I may ever come to actual space in being one of the contributors to restore a piece of modern and iconic human history. I got a nice T-shirt out of it as well. 

A Crowd Funding Appeal to restore and digitise Neil Armstrong's historic spacesuit raised more than the original target of $500,000 through 9477 contributors. 

On the basis of my donation of £30 sterling that makes me the proud sponsor of a rivet....hurrah!!




No comments: