Friday 24 July 2015

Fishy Business


I acquired a goldfish. It was one of the symbolic items to adorn the table for Iranian New Year which we hosted for a good friend. I have never owned a fish before and so I was guided in my purchase by the local pet shop. The best offer was a free fish with any of their budget offer aquariums plus food ,oxide red gravel and a stringy also bright crimson artificial plant. After the celebrations the fish looked a bit lonely and so I just bought another one. I soon became a regular in the store looking to enrich the lives of my two new pets. They do have rather limited scope for activities apart from swimming, eating and pooping and so I decided to adorn their underwater kingdom, about the size of a motorcycle helmet with some classical architecture. What better than a bit of Atlantis to start off the process.



The fish seemed to appreciate and enjoy their introduction to legend, mythology and classic structures and so I began to look out for other ornaments. What a lot of choice there is on the market. Here are just a few.

Bit spooky this one. Too large for my fish tank but could be fun swimming in and out of this wreck.





A baronial and Arthurian theme with this ruined castle .
                                                  A bit cruel this one. Imagine how it looks from a fish-eye view


This pagoda would be a real chill out place 



 This one seems to be a model of Colditz Castle

Rough terrain style. A bit DIY

Appropriate if the fish tank has a view of the family TV

Second World War retro plane

For fish with ambition to travel, how about a down-town cityscape

No comments: