Thursday 25 August 2011

Panic at the DIY CO

It is quite satisfying doing some manual labour in so far as a bit of painting can be called labour. Apologies to the working masses and brothers in industry and commerce for my own secondment to their ranks for a few hours of cosmetic effort in the front porch.
I panic in B&Q when confronted by DIY products mainly because I know that my initial enthusiasm for a project soon turns to guilt because I am very poor at doing things well if at all.
My purchases today were quite harmless, or so you may think, being confined to masonry paint, red tile paint, brushes, letter box cover and a cheap wireless door bell. The outcome of this investment was as follows;
Battery missing from door bell. Return to shop. Letter box cover wrong colour for door furniture-recycle existing one by putting inside flap on the outside, red tile paint- attack everything slightly red in colour and masonry paint- two coats later the porch looks exactly the same as it has done for the past 15 years.
I did have a good time though. Might enrol in a night class in construction now that I have the hunger for manual labour. What next, build a house...........

No comments: