Saturday 7 June 2014

James Taylor. In search of.....

James Taylor?
Cannot place him.
Give me the first line of his most famous song, chart song that is.
No, hum the tune.
James Taylor.
What era was he prominent in?
Who did he hang out with?
Was he one of the two Taylor's who were in Duran Duran?
Was he the one who, no, that was James Brown, of course.
Has he done anything say, in the last 30 years?
Anything memorable that is.
Do they do his songs as backing to advertisements?
What about sitting on the sofa with Jonathan Ross , Graham Norton or Michael MacIntyre ?
Has he collaborated with anyone at all famous?
James Taylor.
Is he more of a songwriter than a singer?
Is he English, name like Taylor?
Films?
TV?
Christmas specials?
You say he's American? Well, you should have said that in the first place.
Is he politically active?
Did he know Elvis Presley?
How many wives has he had?
Was he married to Joan Collins?
What about famous offspring?
James Taylor. Sounds a bit familiar but can't quite place him.
Describe a CD cover of something he's done.
If I went into HMV where would I find his music?
I'm thinking Folky, Ballads, bordering on Country and Western.
Did he duet with Dolly Parton?, no that was Kenny Rogers.
I am visualising someone with a beard here. Help me out.
Did he do drugs?
Was he caught doing drugs?
Where does he live now?
Has he ever performed in this country?
Festivals?
Taylor. Quite a common name really.
James Taylor.
Try another one of his hits.
Is he on a You Tube feed that you can get on your smart phone?
Is he top of the list if I Google him?
Wikipedia says that he died in 1987. That sounds serious.
Oh no. That can't be right.
He has a current Facebook Page
I think I have heard that song of his, you know the one. "You've got a friend".
Ah, that James Taylor.
Of course.
I think I saw him once on Old Grey Whistle Test.
Great Man.
Great Performer that James Taylor.
I have his Greatest Hits on vinyl somewhere or other.
Is that what he looks like?
Never have guessed that one.



No comments: